It is freezing here on Freedom Day. For those of you non South Africans reading this post, 17 years ago on this day South Africa had its first democratic election and elected Nelson Mandela as President of the Republic. Our next Presidential election takes place next month, on the 18th.
My new job has been keeping me extremely busy, hence my absence from BlogLand, but hopefully I will be able to blog more regularly soon. There is just so much to learn at the moment, that I need to focus.
If you read my previous post, I mentioned my nomination for a Versatile Bloggers Award. According to the rules, I’m supposed to reveal seven random things about myself:
1) I made soup for the first time in my life this past Monday. Seriously.
2) One of my biggest indulgences is food magazines.
3) My bedroom is black, white and red.
4) I detest Bovril and Marmite
5) I hate wearing slippers, but will walk in my socks all the time.
6) Building jigsaw puzzles is how I get through the winter evenings.
7) I love drinking liqueur in my hot chocolate
I am also supposed to tag various bloggers, but I just don’t have the time at the moment. Sorry guys!
Have to run – planning to do for work tomorrow 🙂